We hear a lot about placemaking but what actually is a “place” and how do you make one?
Could Zubi Expresso Bar in Newport be the perfect example of a “place” and “placemaking”. Could it be that it has:
- A stunning garden setting with a large variety of plants which teach the importance of nature?
- Movable chairs and tables, perfect for chasing the sun in winter and shade in summer?
- Garden rooms, some ideal for groups, others for intimate get togethers, some yet perfect for a quite read or contemplation?
- Great coffee and food
- Quirky interactive art which children can weave wool around?
- Places and spaces for fairies to dance?
- A setting for Great icons of music, present and future, to jam and be enjoyed?
Visit Zubi Expresso and be the judge. Is this placemaking in action?